Thursday, January 17, 2013

Clouds

Anybody watch Lost in Austen? Just curious.

Anyway, this really has nothing to do with writing, but today my attention was caught by this link on weather.com: 10 Spectacular Clouds. They were so cool! Spectacular is right. One of my favorite parts of flying is getting just above the clouds and seeing all the crazy-cool formations up close that you never get to see from down below. I love being right in the middle of them. I imagine frolicking in the clouds and sculpting them like beaten egg whites, or something. Maybe when I die I can do that. Just for a minute.

Some favorites from the slide show: lenticular, noctilucent (Lit up at night? Cool!) and nacreous, and the very eerie mammatus clouds.

1 comment:

  1. What?! You missed a Thursday?! Hope all is well.

    Oh, and the clouds WERE cool. I love weather.com. I visit it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete